blog_banner 20

Sunday, July 20, 2008

We went thataway.

Thataway.

Today was my company's annual Kennywood picnic. During the span of time that we were there, the weather went from very hot to a torrential down pour. In spite of the extreme weather, we were able to cram in a lot of fun during our visit.

For what ever reason, Lauren did not want her photo taken today. Every time I pointed the camera at her, she would do this:

No more pictures, please!

I pray that this is just a phase.

Once again, our friend Mel C was there with us. The three of us have made a solemn oath never to ride The Paratrooper again. Here she is getting ready to ride one of Lauren's favorites, the much more subtle Crazy Trolley.

Mel C riding the Crazy Trolley.

Mark and I have an inside joke about Spin Art (Where you squirt paint on a revolving piece of paper). Before we were a couple, he and I went to a very lame fireman's carnival with a group of friends. As we wandered around trying to find something worthwhile to do, I suggested that we try Spin Art. No matter how much I flirted and coaxed, he adamantly refused.

When I saw that they still had a Spin Art booth in Kiddieland, I insisted that Lauren make us a souvenir to take home. The girl working the booth gave us the rules:

1.) Hold down the button to make the paper spin

and

2.) Add just a few drops of paint at a time or else face the consequences

Lauren did not heed rule number two. As a result, red paint splattered all over me and her, mostly on her arms and face. Poor thing looked like she contracted the German measles. After a quick trip to the restroom and lost of squirming and crying, we were back in the saddle again.

Lauren

More photos from the day can be seen here.

No comments: