blog_banner 20

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas craftiness.

Making some package bling.

Well, once again I let the blog go a week without an update. This time, I have a couple of excuses. First, I've been spending what little free time I have working on some Christmas related crafts (more on that later). Second, Lauren had a nightmare a couple of weeks ago that has caused her to revert back to her old sleeping habits (something about Daisy's tail coming through her window - WTH?). She won't go to sleep without someone at the very least on the same floor as her and has been waking several times a night. Mark and I are thrilled.

Lauren, an expert at beading.

I've always enjoyed wrapping presents and putting a little extra into decorating them, but during the last couple of years I've been slacking off. Since I don't have anything new decorating wise on this year's agenda, I'd thought I'd put some effort back into wrapping. Some of this year's packages are going to have a little bling involving seed beads and wire. One night, I had this crazy idea that Lauren could help me. I thought that there would be no way that she would have the hand eye coordination to string those teeny tiny seed beads on wire, but not only did she have the coordination, she also had the concentration to sit and string beads with me for a full hour. She's well on her way to being a good crafty citizen!

Another area that I've been slacking on is making my own Christmas cards. I made my first cards in 2003. Up until Lauren was born, these featured our pets. I even made cards the year of Lauren's first Christmas, but the year after that I went the photo card route. Last year, I technically made cards. Although since they were from a kit, I don't feel like that it counts.

Santa circles.

This year, I am designing and making cards from scratch. This year, we are going 3 freakin' D. This year, is the year that my sanity will be questioned, oh yes. Six cards down, only about 24 to go!

And since I have a nice stockpile of photos to share, I will try to post a couple of updates this week to make up for last week's void.

No comments: