blog_banner 20

Monday, February 13, 2012

St. Valentine's Eve.

 Valentine's Day magnets.

It used to be that Valentine's Day wasn't even on my radar, but now that I have a school-aged child, I'm finding that I have to make all kinds of preparations for this holiday. For example, this weekend Lauren made a Valentine's Day craft in the form of foam magnets. We also arranged a family assembly line for filling out valentines for Lauren's classmates. Lauren signed them and passed them to me, and then I added a stickers and passed them to Mark, who folded and sealed them. We were very efficient and would have made Henry Ford proud.

 Sprinkled cookies ready for the oven

And if you're going to have holiday, you need to bake cookies, right?

These are my cousin Noreen's famous thumbprints. They are a family recipe, and everyone loves them. I made them for the first time at Christmas and thought that they deserved an encore for Valentine's Day. I'll probably make them again for Easter.

 Making thumbprints.

My little helper was a little overzealous with the sprinkles. We ended up using the whole jar on just one dozen. Luckily, I still had some pecans left from Christmas baking, so we rolled the second dozen in crushed pecans just like the original recipe.

Warm from the oven.

Here's the finished product. Aren't they pretty? Maybe Lauren had the right idea using the entire container of sprinkles after all!

No comments: