blog_banner 20

Sunday, November 2, 2014

52 Weeks of 2014 - Week 43

Just sittin' on my pumpkin.

I was planning on doing another 13 Days of Halloween project this year, but something unfortunate happened to my camera this week. It got into an altercation with our concrete patio, and the patio won. The functions controlled by the buttons and dials on the top right are no longer functioning, but otherwise, it appears to be okay. I'm still on the fence about whether or not to have it fixed. Expensive cameras are a lot like cars in that most start losing value as soon as you take them out of the box. My camera is only two years old, but Nikon already released a new version of the model last year. Still, I was hoping to get another two years out of it before upgrading. I have an estimate on the repair and all the paperwork ready, but I'm just not sure it's worth investing more money to get a depreciated camera fixed when I could just put that money towards a new camera. I really need to make a decision soon because the holidays are right around the corner, and a working camera is an absolute necessity.

Thankfully, I have my Fuji x100 to use in the meantime. It's very capable and can probably do about 70% of things that I do with my DSLR, but its auto focus isn't nearly as reliable, I can't use my Nikon flash with it and it doesn't have long telephoto capabilities.

Anyway, these are the two photos that I took for the project before I decided to bag it. Lauren is probably happy that she has been spared from me pestering her to help out with photos, at least until Christmas time.

Trick or treat.

No comments: