blog_banner 20

Sunday, August 21, 2016

A fairly good time.

Purple carousel.

Earlier this week, we took a trip to the Lawrence County Fair.
Typically we go to the Westmoreland County Fair (which actually starts this week as well), but I thought it would fun to check out a different one for a change. Plus, I just love to see all of the animals and displays. Oh, and then there is the unmistakable smell of greasy fried food intermingled with eau d'barn that is unique to a county fair. That's good too.

Vintage John Deer tractors.

Like at Zoar, they had a display of antique tractors, although instead of about ten tractors, they had at least a hundred of them. There were literally rows and rows of vintage John Deer's!

Truth in advertising.

You can always find some unique souvenirs at every county fair. This vendor obviously believes in truth in advertising.

Cows being cows.

In general, there seemed to be a lot more livestock on display at this fair. There were at least 5 stables worth of cows alone.

Milking Parlor Rd.

I wanted to take a photo of the actual milking parlor, but a cow was being milked at the time. I didn't want to invade her privacy.

Hanging out at the corral.

The equestrian clubs had many horses on display as well.

Take me home.

Sweet lambs.

Just a few cute faces vying for membership in my white pet club. Sorry kids - not open to new members at the moment.

Ready for show.

On the day that we visited, everyone was getting their sheep ready for show. It's always funny to see them wearing their spandex sox in multiple colors and patterns. The spandex keeps them clean, but a little tummy control doesn't hurt either.

Bo and Luke.

All the livestock have their stalls decorated and their names displayed. Bo and Luke the sheep reminded me of the Dukes of Hazzard phase that I went through when I was eight. At first I was on Team Bo, but I later defected to Team Luke.


Soft serve.

My favorite part of any county fair are the marquees on the refreshment stands and the rides!

Fun Slide.

Scooter.

Himalaya

While the Lawrence County Fair offered a lot for a fair goer, there was one important omission. Chickens! For some reason, there were no poultry displays. So just on that criteria alone (Okay, that and the fact that it was the location of one of our first dates), the Westmoreland County Fair still stands as my favorite.

No comments: