blog_banner 20

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday as usual.

Up to no good.

I have a love / hate relationship with Sundays. On one hand, any day off is a good day off. On the other hand, a perfectly good day off is ruined by the fact that I have to go to work the next day.

Today we had the 90 degree weather than we have been missing (NOT!) this summer. The weather has been so mild, that this is only the third time that we filled the pool for Lauren.

Squirt!

And it was just the right weather to have a squirt gun battle with Daddy.

Sharkey.

Yesterday, Lauren begged us to get her this stuffed shark at the dollar store. Although you can't see him too well here, he is super cute, so I couldn't resist. I told her that she had to pay me back by posing for a photo with him. She begrudgingly gave me her best toothy shark smile.

EA Active for Wii.

While that was going on, I was inside doing my daily work-out with EA Sports Active. Mark gave it to me as a birthday gift, but due to my mysterious leg issue, I only tried it out recently. It's much more demanding and structured than Wii Fit which I really like. Since the game comes with a resistance band and is compatible with the Wii balance board, the exercises are also extremely varied. There's everything from traditional exercises like running, squats, and shoulder presses to sports such as boxing, tennis, and basketball to some unexpected exercises like in-line skating and aerobic dancing. One of the downsides of the game is that you have to wear this blood pressure-like cuff on your leg while you play, which is a bit of a drag. If I'm able to keep at it though, I think that I'm going to see some results.

Practicing letters.

When she came in from swimming, Lauren wanted to practice her letters. After she writes the word, then she draws what is says. She struggles a little bit with getting some of the letters like "D" and "C" facing the right direction, but otherwise, her writing is amazingly legible.

Paper boats.

After lunch, Lauren then had the idea of making paper boats. I had never made a paper boat in my life, but thanks to the miracle of video on the internet, I am now quite the master shipbuilder. While I was skeptical about their sea worthiness, they made it out to sea just fine. Speaking of our fish, after having such a rough time earlier this year with the pond draining and all, I'm happy to report that we spotted several babies this week. Life carries on for them just as it does for us.

Except they don't have to go to work on Monday.

No comments: