- The holly and the ivy,
- When they are both full grown,
- Of all the trees that are in the wood,
- The holly bears the crown.
- The rising of the sun
- And the running of the deer,
- The playing of the merry organ,
- Sweet singing in the choir.
Earlier this week, we decided it was time to fill the void in our chicken coop, so we traveled to a Freehling Farms, which is located somewhere in the middle of Kittanning, so we could pick out a couple of new residents. Out of the hundreds of chicks to choose from, these two won the lottery. Meet Holly and Ivy.
Holly is the one wearing the leg warmers. She's a cochin. Ivy is a blue laced red wyandotte. Ivy is the feisty one. Mark thinks that she may turn out to be a rooster because she's always standing straight and tall. Holly, on the other hand, is very mellow.
She likes to roost on anything and everything.
And she didn't even mind wearing a hat!
Did I mention that she's really mellow?