blog_banner 20

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Come to my window.



This photo about sums up the weekend. Just hanging out watching the world go by.

As you probably noticed, I finally changed the blog banner and layout colors. Not wild about it, but since I'll probably change it again in a month or so, I can live with it for now. The banner is a photo of a small part of a play mat that we bought for Lauren a few months ago at Ikea. There is also a stadium, beach (complete with whale), hot dog stand, circus and erupting volcano. It's located in our den, and she loves to sit on it and play. It makes me happy just looking at it.



The irises in our pond started blooming this week. It's hard to tell from this perspective, but this is actually only one of a huge collection. We're pretty sure that this is where the fish like to hide, hibernate, and lay eggs.

Also newsworthy (since it happens so infrequently), Mark and I watched The Departed last night (FYI, it arrived from Netflix on 3/14). Wow - certainly not a movie to gather the family around to watch. Mark didn't particularly like it (Probably because he doesn't particularly like Jack Nicholson or Leonardo DeCaprio), and I thought that it was just okay. The whole "mob takes boy under it's wing" thing has been done better before (By Scorsese himself!). It seemed to be lacking something...like Robert De Niro. Anyway, now we have to pick a new movie to rent - something preferably under 2 hours so that we won't have to wait for perfect circumstances to watch it.

I only have to work three days this week, and then I'm off until next Wednesday. To say that I'm looking forward to my mini vacation would be an understatement!

No comments: