blog_banner 20

Monday, May 26, 2008

Musical youth.



Apprently, Lauren enjoys reggae music. Take that Simon!




***Begin American Idol mutterings***

American Idol Season 7 has finally come to a close, so I will find myself at a loss on Tuesdays. But just a little.

When it was all said and done, I felt that the most deserving contestant won the competition. When David Cook started off the season, I thought him to be a bit of a creep (You can attest to this, right Noreen?), but as the weeks progressed, he kept delivering compelling performances which soon won me over. And even though he stole some of Jason's thunder on a couple of key weeks (Cook sang "Hello" when JC sang "Hallelujah" and "Always Be My Baby" when JC sang the extremely underrated "I Don't Want to Cry"), I downloaded his songs too, because they were just too darn good.

As for the finale, I thought that it rivaled Season 5 in terms of entertainment value. The first hour was the best, because it focused on the contestants. I wish the producers would realize that people tune in to see the kids, and not people like Mike Myers and Robert Downey Jr. who have nothing to do with the show and just want to promote their latest projects. Given that many of this year's contestants could play instruments, they could have instead filled that time with an "American Idol Band" number, with Cook on guitar or vocals, Archie or Brooke on piano, Jason on drums, etc. Yet another missed opportunity due to the producers' shortsightedness.

I was slightly disappointed that Jason sang a reprise of "Hallelujah" instead of a new song, but then again, it gave him an opportunity to remind people why he made Top 4. And I'm not at all bitter over the fact that Renaldo was given more time than Jason. Ugh...

Lastly, while George Michael is no Prince, his performance was just as um, interesting. What happened to the beautiful man that was the lead singer of Wham!? I watched it in HD and it was not pretty. Yikes.

Until next year...

***End American Idol mutterings***

No comments: