blog_banner 20

Monday, June 15, 2009

Swoon for June.

You are here.

I love the month of June. Maybe it's because my birthday falls in June. Maybe it's because the weather is usually pleasant - sunny, but not too hot. Maybe it's because the whole summer is laid sprawling ahead.

Three ladies painting the town red.

Maybe it's because there's lots of fun stuff to see and do. For the second weekend in a row, we went antique shopping. This time, we visited Ligonier, PA for the bi-annual Antiques on the Diamond. Mel C came along too, and got to experience all the usual highlights of the trip, including getting your photo taken with the giant Playmobil figure and eating the best pulled pork sandwiches in the world served in a church basement. We also saw a man with a parrot tongue and none other than the Hamburgler himself, in the flesh, at McDonald's. Mel C also claims that I convinced a man to lower his price on a blanket chest from $375 to $300 with just a shake of the ruffles on my shirt, but that's largely an exaggeration.

Mama globe and baby globe.

I purchased a couple things, like the baby globe on the left. I've been looking for a smaller globe, but I found this one hard to resist at $9. It even has Pittsburgh on it! I just love old globes and maps. I'd also like to collect Eiffel Towers too, but I never see any. No one must visit France around here.

Give it a spin.

Of course, Lauren couldn't resist giving the globes a spin.

Pink braided rug.

I also found another braided rug for $10 (My ideal price!). This one isn't vintage - I think it may be made by Pottery Barn Kids. It needs a little repair here and there, but it cleaned up real nice in the washing machine. It's going in Lauren's room.

Book sale booty.

June is also the time of the year for book sales. Books are so darn expensive these days - if you add them together, the cover price of all these books comes to $124.24. I paid roughly...$9. I also purchased a boatload for Lauren's library, although I'm certain that once she's able to read she'll wonder why the inside covers of most her books say things like "To Kevin James, Merry Christmas! Love, Aunt Beatrice."

Lastly, some quick blog related notes. Last week, I had some photos featured in Apartment Therapy Los Angeles. There's some really great stuff there, and I'm not just saying that cause they liked my photos!

And a couple of shout outs:

To Anonymous, who commented on the last post: Thanks for the nice note and the tip about the other blog! I always like to hear from readers who lurk. Please feel free to post anytime. :)

To ladybrick: Jody - how nice to hear from you!! How are you doing? Are you still in LA? Are you a famous writer yet? You wouldn't know it from reading here, but I miss the days of dolls, anime and cels. I still have the pillows that you gave to Lauren (This may call for a photo!). If you see this, please drop me a line at melissannross(at)comcast.net so that we can get caught up.

No comments: