blog_banner 20

Monday, February 3, 2014

52 Weeks of 2014: Week 5 - The Lost Week

 Curiosity.

As I mentioned before, this week's theme was actually candid / street photo, but I decided to skip it on the grounds that shooting strangers is just not my thing. In fact, I didn't even take this photo until today, which means it's also late - lol. I just didn't want to blow it completely, especially given that it's only the fifth week of this project! However, the whole point of this is to remind myself to pick up my camera and point it at something once a week. Since I did so much forced shooting last year, I'm now of the mindset that I'd much rather point it at something or someone that I want to photograph. Like Kitty Coconut.

Is anyone looking?

Today was an in service day for our school district (One of only three remaining days off for the rest of the year. The students lost President's Day and spring break due to teacher strike and weather related cancellations.), so I took a vacation day in order to hang out with Lauren. I asked her what she wanted to do today, and she chose just to stay home and watch movies. After a pretty gloomy weekend, we actually had a little bit of sun today, and given that the light was so ideal, I took the opportunity to get some shots in between movies.

 All mine.

 Hopefully I can stick with the themes for the rest of the year, but if I keep getting shots like this, maybe not so much.

No comments: