blog_banner 20

Sunday, April 20, 2014

For 52 Weeks of 2014 - Week 16

Color wheel.

Both due to the weather and it's placement in this year's calendar, Easter seemed to take for forever to get year, but then the week leading up to it just flew by. For the last several years, we've celebrated Easter as our day of relaxation. Since we have our family and friends over for dinner, egg hunting and egg dying on Saturday night, the days leading up are very busy with shopping, cooking and cleaning, so the three of us spend the actual holiday pretty quietly. This year, the Easter bunny had to give Lauren two baskets because everything wouldn't fit in her usual basket (In the Easter bunny's defense, Lauren's basket is pretty small!). The weather was gorgeous, almost like a summer day, and we were surprised to find that miniature golf was open at our local park.  As for the rest of the evening, I'm hoping I can kick Lauren off of the Wii long enough to watch The Ten Commandments, which I recorded last night.

I feel silly even mentioning my sketchbook journal. There's still hope for me to get caught up again.  I was just thinking that now that the weather is warming up, it would be nice to spend evenings sketching outside on the patio.

No comments: