blog_banner 20

Sunday, September 28, 2014

52 Weeks of 2014 - Week 38

Dobby.

This week, we had a house guest. This is Dobby, my in-laws Labrador Retriever.

Ready for action.

As you can see, Dobby fits right in with the rest of our canine family. In fact, instead of sleeping in our room like he usually does, Marcus chose to bunk with Dobby during his stay.

Opposites attract.

Maybe during his next stay, I can get all three of them to pose together, but I don't think Kitty Coconut would be much interested in taking part in a portrait session.

Also of note this week, Lauren started bowling club. When she told me that she wanted to join, I was a bit skeptical. After all, you don't hear much about bowling scholarships. Also, I'm not much of a bowler myself. I was determined to go through life without ever bowling. In fact, I used to wear it like a badge of honor, and I'd proudly tell people that I've never been bowling. Then about four years ago, Mel C forced me to go bowling and ruined my chance at notoriety as The Woman Who Never Bowled.

When I picked up Lauren at the alley for the first time, I finally understood the lure of bowling. There she was, surrounded by her friends and scarfing chicken fries from the snack bar. It might as well have been the croquet or the bocce club, as long as there were friends and chicken fries to be had.

Lastly, this was the week that I achieved one of the goals that I had set for myself this year. I got accepted as a photographer for Stocksy. Stocksy is a start up stock photography agency that launched during March 2013. One of their unique features is that the photographers are all considered co-owners. Also, the collection is very tightly curated with just stunning imagery. When they opened for new applicants in June, I started to have second thoughts about applying this year and was going to wait until my photography evolved a bit more. Then in August, I convinced myself that I should at least try because nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I probably spent a month agonizing about the images to include in my application before I finally clicked the send button. About three weeks later, on a Saturday night no less, I got the email informing me that my application had been accepted. A week later, I'm still in disbelief about it. Since we have a lot of real life stuff going on right now, I haven't had a chance to set up shop over there yet, but I'm really excited to get started!



No comments: