blog_banner 20

Saturday, January 24, 2015

52 Weeks of 2015 - Week 3

52 Weeks of 2015 - Week 3

This week's theme was yellow. When it comes to choosing colors, yellow is practically never my first choice, so it was a bit of a challenge. But I do like washi tape, and since I have a lot of it, I decided to put it to good use. I ended up framing my little impromptu artwork, and I put it on display in our spare bedroom which, in spite of my feelings towards the color, is accented with a yellow throw rug and cabinet.

Sketchbook Journal 2015 - Week 4

Last week, Lauren had her first band concert, and literally right before we departed the house, she dropped a bomb and announced that she wanted to switch from the trombone to the clarinet. Since we're just happy that she's interested in playing a instrument, we got her teacher's blessing and rented her a clarinet. So far she's doing really well with it, and she's taught herself most of the songs that she needs to get caught up. My only regret is that I never got a photo of her with the trombone before we returned it to the music store. Oh well.

I drew the books because Lauren has been reading like a FIEND. She typically goes through two 300+ page books in a week. Her school has a program to motivate the kids to read where if they read 25 books during the school year, they get to go to a special party. Well, as of this week she's up to 34. Also, as part of her GATE class, the students are asked to read 1 million words. She's currently over 2 million and is shooting for 3 million before the end of the year. At the rate she's going, I have no doubt that she'll easily meet that goal!

No comments: