blog_banner 20

Saturday, January 10, 2015

52 Weeks of 2015 - Week 1

 For 52 Weeks of 2015 - Week 1

I decided to start the 2015 52 weeks project this week because I've joined a new project 52 group called Nifty Fifty 52, and their first topic didn't start until January 4th. This group posted all of the topics for the year, and there are very few, if any, stinkers. Also, the photo has to be taken with a 50mm prime lens, and since I shoot 90% of my photos with that kind of lens, I should be able to follow along without issue.

This week's topic was "new", so I went with a photo of the new cardigan sweater that I received from Mark for Christmas. I liked it so much, that I now own the sweater in practically every other color too.

 Sketchbook Journal 2015 - Week 1

True to my word, I've been diligently working on my 2015 sketchbook journal. I decided to try a different style of journal this year. It's a Handbook Journal made by Global Art Materials. This one has enough pages to cover the entire year. Also, it's bound in the middle like a book instead of like a notebook with spiral wire. I was a little skeptical about it at first, but now I love it. It will really encourage me to do this year after year because they'll look so nice sitting on the shelf next to each other.

I thought it would help me keep up if I posted my sketch for the week along with the photo of the week. The only problem was that the project 52 group started the week after I started my journal. So I decided just to post both for this week. This one is based on a photo that I did for Stocksy a couple of months ago. Sometimes when I get stuck for an idea, I just draw one of my photos.

SKetchbook Journal 2015 - Week 2

Here's this week. I went with a snowman because it's been so incredibly cold. Lauren's school had a 2 hour delay three days this week because with the windchill the temperatures were way below zero. I should also probably mention that I can't really draw organically, so once I have an idea, I typically search for some clip art online and then add my own spin on it.

On a personal note, I don't know what it is about the first full week of January, but once again, this week was so, so very crappy for me. It was the same last year too. The year got better as time went on, so I can only hope the same will be true of 2015.


No comments: