blog_banner 20

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye, 2014

My desk at the end of the year.

My third entry of the day and the last for the year. I wanted to write a little bit about the year because it was such a great one. I'm always a little apprehensive about starting a new year and all the unknown that it brings with it, but I'm particularly sad to see this year end. So many exciting things happened:  Lauren got into the GATE program, started playing trombone and had her room re-decorated. Mark's garden was featured in the annual garden club tour, and he got a new car.  I was appointed an officer at my company and was accepted as a contributing photographer at Stocksy. My dad retired. We got see dolphins swim in the Atlantic Ocean and visit with our awesome cousins in Michigan. And that's just off the top of my head!

I don't know if I have any resolutions this year, but I do have a few goals in mind. The picture above is what my desk looked like this morning. You can see I'm still working on this year's sketchbook journal. I got so very far behind, but I'm determined to finish it. Next to it, is my new journal for 2015. I am committed to keeping up with it this year. So I when I saw this scene, I thought it pretty much encapsulated how I feel today. Not quite ready to close the old book, but still looking forward to filling up all those blank pages in the new one. Happy New Year!

No comments: