blog_banner 20

Sunday, December 14, 2014

25 Days of Christmas - Day 14

 25 Days of Christmas - Day 14

We did *lots* of Christmasing today. We built gingerbread houses and picked out our live tree. I took photos of both of these events, but however, I was short on time tonight and didn't have a chance to go through and edit them. So those will have to wait until later this week.

 Wintery apothecary jar.

In the meantime, here are some cheery, wintery apothecary jars that Lauren and I made these last weekend. I follow Martha Stewart on Facebook and happened to catch this project. It takes a lot "snow" to cover the bottom, and my jars aren't nearly as big as Martha's. Poor Mark had to go out twice to get us a big box of salt.

Cheery and bright.

And bonus - they light up! This is where Martha comes in. She's selling small strings of battery operated lights at Home Depot. They're kind of pricey ($7 each), but they are nice and even have three different lighting options. They're the same lights I used on the Eiffel Tower, so I got some extra mileage out of them.

No comments: