blog_banner 20

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas 2014

 Coco guarding the gifts.

Here I am once again on New Year's Eve writing about our Christmas. It's practically become a tradition!

Since Mark's extended family were celebrating elsewhere this year, we had just a small gathering at my in-law's house. I didn't take a whole lot of photos, but here are a few of my nephews Noah and Jacob acting cute.

 Jacob.

 Noah.

 Jacob with his mom and dad.

 Noah and grandma.

Lauren thinking those are her gifts too.

When Lauren woke up Christmas morning, she thought all these presents were hers too. She was disappointed to learn truth: Mommy and daddy also give each other gifts. Somehow, she has overlooked this fact during her last nine Christmases.

 Lauren on Christmas morn.

Of course that disappointment was fleeting once she started opening her own gifts (Pj's courtesy of cousins Nick and Noreen).

Lauren got a tablet case. But where's the tablet.

Look at that happy face! Why is she so excited?

Lauren looking at her tablet case.

Because she got a tablet case. But she doesn't have a tablet. Yet.

 Lauren looking for her tablet.

Where could it be...

 Lauren opening her iPad Mini.

Found it!

 Lauren and her iPad mini.


It was actually the last gift that she opened. We took a page out of A Christmas Story and hid it towards the back of the tree like a BB gun.


Laurne showing Coco her gift.

Kitty Coco finally gets rewarded for guarding the presents all night.

Some guy.

As usual, there was lots of present opening on Christmas night. This guy was peeking out of a gift bag for Mark. I thought he was a long lost relative or something.

Mark opening presents.

Here's Mark digging in.

Mark and his chamois.

To summarize, Mark got lots of nuts and car wash supplies.

Lauren choosing a chamois.

Lauren got really excited when Pappy told her she pick out a chamois to clean her iPad mini screen.

Me and my mixer.

I got an ice blue hand mixer - YAY!

Aunt Phyllis and her iced tea maker.

Aunt Phyllis was my latest victim in the great Takeya iced tea maker giveaway. It's a really awesome product!

Mel C and her "UGG boots."

Here's Mel C with her UGG boots, or so she thinks. Many of the ladies at work, including myself, wear them, and she's made it clear to me how much she loathes them. I've been leading her to think that I was going to get her a pair for Christmas.

But of course, I would not do that to my BFF.

Mel C and her special post-its

Inside, she got a nice soft throw blanket, a nail polish set, a card game and some really lewd sticky notes that she's holding up here.

 Craig opening his gift.

Speaking of lewd, it was time for Uncle Craig's gift. But first, we have to reenact a scene from the Godfather.

 The godfather.

 Pap pap's ring.

This is my Pap Pap's ring. There's a whole story about how it was likely stolen (Not by my grandfather, but by the guy that sold it to him.), but we won't get into that. We had a good time teasing Mark about how he was going to inherit it and be the next Don of the family.

 Hollywood Nudes in 3D.

Do we know how to honor our Godfather, or what?

Uncle Craig enjoying his gift.

Yes, they really are IN 3D!!!! It is unfortunate that you have to look like Where's Waldo while enjoying the nudes.

Lauren checking out the 3D action.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this family, does it? I mean, what kid can resist the magic of 3D?

 Grandma and her pj's

Moving on back to the PG part of the story, here's Grandma hiding behind her new pjs

 Mom's corno

But she was really excited to get a corno charm for her Pandora bracelet.

Lauren and Pappy.

And lastly, here's Pappy opening his two tablets - a custom one with pages printed with Kitty Roxy's photos and a Kindle Fire.

I think that finally wraps it up! Back in September, I was thinking about how Christmas was just around the corner and questioning if I had the energy to do it all again. Nonetheless, I had nothing to worry about because a wonderful Christmas came together in the end.










No comments: