blog_banner 20

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I would dye 4 you (Alternate title: The Easter that never ends.).

\Technique.

Okay, so I should have posted these a week ago. What can I say - I just can't let go of Easter 2009. No, in actuality, I just can't let go of procrastination.

Anyway, my family takes their egg dying very seriously. It's pretty intense so you better get an egg soaking in some vinegar and food coloring or else get out of the way. In fact, I think next year I should buy a more elaborate kit instead of just the 99 cents one. These people crave a challenge.

Beware of the wax crayon.

Lauren - be careful with that wax crayon! When she was your age, Mommy always got blamed for breaking the wax crayon.

Pappy and Lauren.

Pappy Bruno shows Lauren proper technique.

Grandpap and Lauren.

Grandpap Ross shows Lauren egg dying Ross style. Should she wrap the egg like the Ross's or write on it with the wax crayon like the Bruno's? The poor confused child!

Noah

Noah wisely chose to stay of the way, which was good because egg dying with my family is not for the innocent.

Mel C and Phyllis - Craig groupies.

Mel C and Aunt Phyllis pay tribute to Uncle Craig through the medium of egg dying.

Craig and his tribute egg.

Craig admiring his hard boiled immortalization.

Mike's playoff beard.

A random photo of my brother-in-law's play-off beard. It's the pride of our family.

Finished product.

Ta-da! The finished product!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job representing the tradition of egg dying...and yes, I agree....we must plan more ways to decorate next year.

I cannot believe how appalled your father was when I "double-dipped"!

Plus, we MUST contact Paas and let them know that their folks are not properly labling their colors for with vinegar vs. without!

Always- a grand and fun time! xo
Melissa2

Jenn said...

Yes we dyed eggs to it was quite fun but this year we bout a pack with these squart bottles and u put paint in them but... They didnt work the good news is Michele and I have goten creative over the years and multi-colored ours and I did half and left the other half in to long it looked weird. love u hope to see u soon! :)