blog_banner 20

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away (Alternate title: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.).

Mama don't take my Kodachrome away.

I guess it was only a matter of time. A few weeks ago, I purchased a new tripod. Lauren was instantly facinated with it and began to carry it about the house and pretend to take photos. I felt sort of sorry for her, so I decided to attach my baby Nikon to the tripod. I showed her how to press the shutter release and off she went, snapping away. Soon she wanted to take photos without the tripod, but that proved to be a stickier situation because she has little butterfingers. The solution was to give her my old digital camera, which she now calls your very own.

If you've ever wondered about what the world is like through a four year old's eyes, wonder no more. Here's just a sampling of the hundreds(!) of photos that Lauren has taken over the past couple of weeks.

Lauren's world.

(Click here for larger version)

(left to right from the top) 1.) Mama elephant and daddy on the couch 2.) Daisy on the couch 3.) Mommy on the couch 4.) Ruby of Max and Ruby 5.) Dinner remnants 6.) Beavis 7.) Foot on the backseat 8.) Huntz's Tavern (on the way to Grandma's) 9.) Large bottle of whiskey on the floor at Grandma's (Do I see a trend here?) 10.) Dita 11.) Grandma Bruno 12.) Susie, Grandma's cat 13.) Our wedding picture 14.) Pappy sleeping with assorted toys 15.) Daddy 16.) Pap pap Ross with Grandma Pinky, apparently having a breakdown of some sort 17.) Paula Abdul 18.) Self portrait

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She certainly has your eye for composition!

Unknown said...

Once again....left on the cutting room floor....