blog_banner 20

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Scrapbooking: Are You Ready for the Summer? and Guitar Goddess.

Are you ready for the summer?

I thought I would start off the month with a couple of scrapbook pages. I've been a little unexcited by some my recent pages (Don't get me wrong - I like them just fine, but to me they've been more functional than inspired), but these I'm particularly pleased with.

This first one gets its name from a very cheesy song featured in the very cheesy movie Meatballs. And everytime I think of this song, it gets stuck in my head (Now I did it...make it stop!). Anyway, we did so many fun things this past summer, but I don't have the time or the motivation to make individual pages for every moment.

The photo placement came together fairly quickly. However, since there are many bright photos on the page, I struggled quite a bit with what colors to use. Then I remembered - when in doubt, use white card stock. I just love white cardstock. After that, everything else fell into place. The "summer" in the title is made of stickers and page pebbles that were some of the very first scrapbooking embellishments that I bought when I started out in 2004 - 2005. It's very satisfying when I can use my old stash in fresh way. The paper and stickers are made by SEI.

Guitar Goddess

As a rule, I don't usually make pages without at least some journalling. Otherwise, for me personally, it's just not scrapbooking. Nonetheless, this page came together so quickly and effortlessly, that I couldn't possibly consider it anything less. Plus, it was nice to just have fun and make something while not having to fret about any stupid typos. Again, I brought out my old trick of cutting out the pattern from paper and adhering to cardstock. Paper and embellishments are made by My Mind's Eye.

No comments: