blog_banner 20

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees.

All you need is love.

Lots of nature happenings around our home, so I thought I'd take a few photos of the action. Speaking of action, now I see why Japanese beetles have made a comeback in our area.

Daylily.

Here's one of our lovely daylilies. Although this isn't just any ordinary daylily, it's a Chicago Fire Daylily. Mark made sure I knew that.

Our birdhouse.

Mark finally installed the birdhouse that I bought him for his birthday. It's situated in the front of house, right near one of the windows in the addition. I hope something takes up residence so we can observe undetected from the inside!

Hummingbird.

Finally, last year we were graced with the presence of one of nature's littlest wonders, a hummingbird! We are very happy to see his return this year, and it's become our habit to look out for him at all times. It's gotten to the point where even from our kitchen I can spot him hovering around the bee balm all the way across the yard. Of course, I thought I would be a big time nature photographer and get some cool photos of him. Out of around 50 photos, this is the best I could come up with. I'll try again sometime, but I think I need a faster lens. Until then, I'll stick with mating beetles - at least they're stationary!

No comments: