blog_banner 20

Thursday, July 9, 2009

What's going on.

Life is a bowl of cherries.

I'm disappointed in myself for updating the blog only five times in June. That's an all time monthly low. Even when I was crazy busy last May, I managed to squeak out seven posts. I've tried to analyze why this is. I primarily blame it on the lack of time. After all, since February I've been working longer hours with a longer commute. However, back when my scheduled hours and commute were shorter, I usually went into work around a half an hour early, and sometimes didn't leave until a half hour to an hour later. So I think that it might actually be a bit of a wash time wise. I'm also having to go to bed earlier, which definitely makes a difference. I love staying up and sleeping in, so I literally go to bed at the last possible moment that will give me a reasonable amount of sleep. Even still, on any given day I feel anywhere from mildly sleepy to grossly exhausted.

Mark attributes my lack of motivation to our lifestyle. After a long day of work followed by a long commute, who has the energy to commit to a time consuming activity? For example, the last blog post took about two hours to put together, and that doesn't include the time that I spent going through the photos the night before. So this theory does have some merit. For awhile, I had a regimen where I would come home around 5:30, cook dinner (or eat take out), play with Lauren, attempt to get in an hour of exercise, watch a little television with the family, get Lauren ready for bed, get myself ready for bed, read a little and finally slip into a fitful coma around 10:30. A little over a month ago, I did something to my leg and decided to forgo exercising until my leg stopped hurting. And lo and behold, my evenings don't feel so cramped any more. In fact, shortly thereafter, I lost 1.5 pounds. I guess my giving up exercise wasn't such a bad thing! My leg still occasionally hurts, but I think that it's caused by running to catch the bus while wearing heals and carrying The Heaviest Laptop on the Face of the Earth. I really need to stop that.

So I hope to do better during the month of July - getting back to writing about the everyday things that go on here, rather than just the special events. If you haven't already noticed, I also started to Twitter again, 'cause if the Iranians can do it so can I. That's my motto.

1 comment:

Noreen said...

Love this picture!