blog_banner 20

Friday, September 25, 2009

Go badgers.

Burton Badger.

I had hoped to share these photos eariler in the week, but we've been busy managing an unexpected crisis. After two problem free weeks, Lauren has done a complete turnaround and no longer wants to go to school. So we've been spending tear-filled evenings every day this week trying to get to the bottom of her sudden change of heart and doing our best to ease her anxiety. Thus far, the only things that we can get out of her is that she doesn't like rest time and that she misses us.

Burton, Ohio.

Last Saturday, we made our second trip to Burton, Ohio. These Ohio Historical Society signs must be new, because they've been popping up all over the place.

There were lots of bees!

As I've mentioned before, the dealer attendance at Great Geauga Antique Fair that is held in Burton has been dwlindling. This trend has unfortunately continued, however the one thing that was plentiful this time were bees. They were everywhere.

Vintage Christmas.

Many of the dealers had some great displays. This is the time of year when they pull out the Christmas merch.

Milkshake makers.

I've decided that I need a milkshake maker.

Globes.

You know that I loved all these globes. This dealer also had a big box filled with vintage game boards for $2. I bought one, of course (See below).

Vintage cameras.

This dealer had boxes and boxes of vintage cameras. I probably would have bought one, but we already have a couple of our own that came from Grandma Gert.

STRUDEL!!

We now interupt the antiques to bring you...STRUDEL!!!

A man and his strudel.

Cherry cheese strudel to be exact...yum!

Belle's American Grille.

Speaking of food, I don't think I've ever taken a photo of Belle's American Grille, the place where we eat lunch when we're in Burton. They have excellent home-cooked food. I'd love to tell you about all the great things that they serve, but all we've ever had is the Pecan Chicken Salad. Since we only eat there twice a year and we love that darn salad so much, we just can't bear to try the other fare at Belle's, but it sure looks good as it passes by our table!

Paint-by-numbers painting.

I actually purchased a few things this trip. This paint-by-numbers picture was only $5. The dog reminds me of Sammie. It was painted by a man named John Dee. I wonder what John Dee would think about some lady in Pittsburgh buying his painting?

Ticking stripe pillow cases.

Love these ticking stripe pillow cases. They were $5 as well. They have zippers and everything. I opened one up to find that it still contained some goose down. I wish I could find some in blue.

Parchesi.

I purchased this Parchesi board for $2 for decorative purposes, but then I found a complete set of game pieces at another booth for $5. So I thought, "Why not?"

m

This fun letter "m" was only $2.

I also got a big oval frame for $15 and another braided rug, also $15. So I think that I made a decent showing. Good thing, since the September Geauga show pretty much marks the end of antiquing season for us. Until next June...

No comments: