blog_banner 20

Monday, September 21, 2009

Surprise package.

Surprise package.

Last week, we received a surprise package from our good friend Dolores. She lives in Napa, where apparently all the good stuff is, as proven by Dolores's expertly chosen gifts.

Brass elephant.

First off, we have a brass elephant, which we promptly gave to Lauren because we thought that she *might* like it. He quickly joined his brethren at Elephant Central, otherwise known as Lauren's room. Dolores also included some brochures about everything there is to see and do in Napa. We think she might be trying to tell us something. Hmmm...

Good smelling stuff.

Next was some fabulous smelling soap, a sachet of lavender from her neighbor's garden and a pretty ceramic tile coaster. On the coaster is written, "As moonlight unto sunlight and as water into wine." Cause they're all about the wine in Napa.

Napa goodies

Then, some tasty food items: olive oil, mustard and Dolores's famous biscotti. Dolores - how did you know that mustard is my favorite condiment?

French stuff.

OHMYGOSH - A BUNCH OF FRENCH STUFF THAT MUST BE FOR ME!! I've wanted one of those little Eiffel Towers for so long!! I literally squealed out loud when I saw it. And then do you know what happened? LAUREN PROMPTLY STOLE IT FROM ME AND I HAVEN'T SEEN IT SINCE. Mark told me that Lauren said him a couple of days later, "I always wanted one of these."



Dolores even thought of Daisy and included a new toy for her. She likes it.

Dolores, thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your thoughtfulness. What can we say - you really pay close attention to us!

In other news, we had a very busy weekend - day trip to Ohio (again) on Saturday and the Pittsburgh Zoo for the elephants' birthday party on Sunday. I'll be posting photos from both days later in the week.

9/21/2009:  7th Wedding Anniversary

And today is our 7th wedding anniversary. I want to get married again. Getting married is fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa & Mark,
I am so happy that you enjoyed everything! Yes, the elephant was for Lauren, but the Eifel Tower was for YOU!! I could not believe my luck when I found it at a garage sale for the riduculously low price of 10c!!! I thought you would like seeing the price tag, too!! And yes, the Napa tourist info is indeed a hint...I hope someday you will follow through with it. It gave me so much pleasure to put that package together and it did come together nicely. Love to all of you, Dolores

Noreen said...

Happy Anniversary Melissa & Mark!
What a beautiful picture!!!