blog_banner 20

Thursday, October 22, 2009

It's Fall, y'all!

Little girl with a mighty big pumpkin.

Just returned yesterday from my trip to Boston. I intended to post this before I left on Monday, but I was having computer difficulties. Mark bought a new/old computer for our anniversary, and we just got around to setting it up this past weekend. It's all up and running now and will make my life so much easier. So I hope to use it to post photos and stories from my trip sometime in the next day or so.

Anyway, as you can see, Mark's pumpkin plant only produced one pumpkin this year, but boy, was it a doozy! Lauren just loves Halloween - so much that I think she may prefer it to Christmas. So I've been trying to keep her busy with various Halloween themed crafts.

Let's get spooky!

She punched out all the flowers for this cute banner. She also helped glue all the parts together.

Paper Haunted House.

This paper haunted house was made from a kit that I purchased at Target. It was a little be easier to put together than the Martha Stewart advent calendar house that I made last Christmas, but that's only because it was less involved. Otherwise, it was a pain. The kit comes with enough supplies to make two houses, so I can always try again if this one falls apart.

Halloween party invitations

Lauren also helped me make these Halloween party invitations. Since Halloween falls on a Saturday this year, a thought I'd have a little get together. The templates for the mask and the invitation are from marthastewart.com, but I used them a little differently because I like to put my own spin on things.

A distinguished gentleman.

And what has the newest addition to our family been up too? Well, last week, Marcus was groomed for the first time. Now he truly looks like the terrier that he is!

Next week is a big week for Marcus because he will be going under the knife. He has an anatomical abnormality which causes his third eye lid to cover part of his eye (See the red in the corner of his eyes? That's his third eye lid.), so he's going to have that fixed. Speaking of fixing, he's having that done as well. We're very fortunate that Mark has connections in the veternary business, as one of his doctor acquantances has agreed to do both surgeries for the cost of what some practices charge just for the neutering. Neutering is standard, but any surgery on a dog's eye is specialized and would therefore be very costly.

I for one will be glad when it's over with. Hopefully I won't have to use Photoshop so often to remove a particularly offensive appendage from his photos.

Marcus happy with his new style.

No comments: