blog_banner 20

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Let there be color.

Foliage 2009.

I'll be getting around to posting the photos from Boston later this week, but for now, I couldn't resist sharing what's going on today. Sometimes I get so behind on blogging that I hardly ever post about the day's events on the day they happen. So here we go!

While I was walking home on Friday, I noticed that the leaves on the trees located up the street from where we live had changed remarkably. The foliage around here has been really spectacular this year, and I was excited to have such a fantastic display of color very close to home. Thankfully, the weather was sunny today, so after I ate breakfast and got dressed this morning, I grabbed my camera and headed up the street. Once I started, I couldn't stop snapping!

Here's the best of them all. For the most part, they are straight out of the camera - I didn't make any adjustments to the color. This is how bright the leaves were in person!

Red on blue.

Red on Gold.

Burst of fire.

Sunburst.

In other news, there has been diplomatic progress on the doggie front. Daisy has made herself clear that she is going to be the boss in their relationship, and Marcus has accepted her role as Her Highness. He still tries desperately to play with her, alternating between bouncing around her like a goofball to licking her face to lying at her feet. Usually she just looks at him with disgust, but sometimes, she gets fed up and gives him the business. She is definitely the more vocal of the two. But there have also been times this weekend where they have co-existed together peacefully. Like this:

Daisy and Marcus, together at last.

Hopefully, as Daisy gets used to him and Marcus loses some of his puppy zeal, we will have more moments like this one.

Like mother, like daugher.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally broke down and purchased a second hand Nintendo DS. Now, before you ask why I needed another gaming system that I don't have time to play, I bought it specifically for the My Coach language software that's available for it. I thought it would be a fun way to brush up on my French on the bus ride home and maybe pick up some more Japanese. Plus, I thought Lauren would enjoy it too, since the stylus and the touch screen would be easier for her to work with than a controller.

Well, I underestimated the accuracy of that later assumption because from the moment it arrived, it became "My Green Game." As in Lauren's green game. I couldn't even get within ten feet of the thing.


Sunday afternoon.

So I did what any sane parent would do. I bought another one.

Who says video games are bad for you?

Who says video games are all bad for you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing this beautiful image...
Dolores