blog_banner 20

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Scary. Very scary.

Halloween 2009:  Scary.

When I indicated on my Halloween party invitations that the attire was "Your Spooky Best," I didn't expect much. A silly mask, or maybe a goofy pumpkin sweatshirt. So was I surprised when my guests went above and beyond the call of duty.

Halloween 2009:  Red Riding Hood.

First, there's yours truly as Little Red Riding Hood. I chose this costume because it was on sale for $10 at K-mart.

Halloween 2009: Me & my old man.

Mark dressed as a dirty old man.

Halloween 2009: Me givin' my old man some lovin.

In case you're curious, his t-shirt says, "I Support Cheerleaders." While we were very sad that Crazy Uncle Craig was under the weather and therefore could not join us, having Mark dressed this way was almost like having him at party.

Halloween 2009: The Queen.

Next we have Mel C as The Queen, with a capital "Q." All night, I couldn't think of who she reminded me of, but it finally came to mind - Cate Blanchette in Elizabeth. We all had fun trying on her wig.

Halloween 2009: The spider, the Queen and Red.

Aunt Phyl was a very cool spider.

Halloween 2009:  The Bee and The Sewer Man.

And Grandma Pinky was cute bee. She brought the Sewer Man as her date. As we were trick-or-treating, he was checking the condition of the manholes on our street.

Halloween 2009: Penguinman and Robin.

Penguinman and Robin also paid us a visit.

Halloween 2009:  Scary face.

And last, but not least, we have a very own little elephant. Lauren was in no mood to have her photo taken last night, so thankfully, Mark had taken some during a much happier time (when the costume arrived in the mail).

Of course, what would be a Halloween party without some spooky decorations and tricky treats?

Halloween 2009: Cute skeleton plates.

Cute skeleton plates that I found at the dollar store.

Halloween 2009: Spooky chandelier.

Creepy chandelier.

Halloween 2009: Eye-petizers.

Eye-petizers.

Halloween 2009: Pizza mummies!

Pizza mummies!

Halloween 2009: Pumpkin bundt cake.

Pumpkin bundt cake.

Halloween 2009:  Jack o' lanterns.

Outside, we had carved jack-o-lanterns, of course.

Halloween 2009: Luminarias.

And luminarias lighting the way on the patio.

A few more photos can be seen on Flickr.

1 comment:

Noreen said...

Great costumes everyone! The food was very creative and the cake is beautiful!