blog_banner 20

Sunday, January 3, 2010

1.

2010 calendar.

It took a few days, but here is the first post of 2010. Unfortunately, the plague is still upon the Ross house, and we are now into Week #3 of our colds. I haven't left the house since Wednesday; Lauren since Tuesday. Unfortunately, we don't have much of a choice tomorrow, as it's back to the weekly routine of work and school/Grandma's. It could be a lot worse though - as least none of us have a stomach bug. *shivers*

I spent the last couple of days doing some long overdue crafting. Every time I have some extended time off I have this vision of wiling the days away creating all kinds good stuff, but it never happens. I almost didn't make my usual calendar, as I just wasn't all that much into it this year. When I started making calendars five years ago, it was a good way to use up scraps, but this year, I allowed myself cut up some of my "good" paper to make it a little more interesting. I also decided to feed the paper through my printer instead of using rub-ons, which made the process go a whole lot faster. And although I have a collection of 1000+ fonts, I picked the same old sans serif font that I use for everything.

Embroidered elephant.

I also finished sewing this elephant for Lauren. A few months back, she asked me to make her one. I found this pattern, and Lauren picked out the checked fabric from a old stash of mine. I worked on it sporadically since then, but decided today that the time had come to finish him. He didn't come out exactly as I hoped because I really stink at machine sewing. Lauren seems to like him, so I guess that's all that matters. Hopefully this will be the beginning of a positive trend, and I will get a lot of crafting done in 2010.

Other than that, I've been trying to think of things to look forward to in the coming weeks.

#1. American Idol starts in almost a week.
#2. MLK Day is in two weeks.

That's all I got.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I love your calendars! They're so cute(:

Noreen said...

Idol in four days!!!!