blog_banner 20

Thursday, December 31, 2009

100.

My Dee.

Well, it took 22 posts in one month, but I did it. That's an all time record - even when my blog was in it's infancy and I was brimming with enthusiasm, I never posted that much.

New Year's Eve / Day in my most un-favorite holiday. First, it marks the end of the holiday season. The fun is over, and the decorations will be coming down very soon. Second, it marks the beginning of what I consider the worst time of the year, the time between January and March when the days are cold and dark, and there isn't all that much going on. As I told my cousin Noreen once, the only entertainment in town at this point is the annual visit from the Harlem Globetrotters and the Monster Truck Show (Not that there's anything wrong with either of those. *wink*).

But most importantly, it's the unknown of what's to come in the new year. To me, the above photo of Daisy says it all. She'll be eleven years old in 2010, and while she hasn't slowed down too much just yet, I know those days are just around the corner. And that makes me incredibly sad.

Nonetheless, I suppose I should be happy to kiss 2009 goodbye. I wouldn't say it was a bad year, but more like, a pain in the ass. The leaky fish pond. The tree. Lauren's school phobia. I could go on, but why dwell on the negative?

I'm sure 2010 will be full of good things too.

My elephant.

Like silly little girls who make us smile.

My boo.

And dopey dogs that make us laugh.

So bring it on.

No comments: