blog_banner 20

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Everybody walk the dinosaur.

T-Rex fight!

Today was a much better day. I got a few things accomplished, went out shopping with Mel C after work, and came home to a Wendy's chicken sandwich and sour cream and chive baked potato.

After we finished our tour of the Cathedral, we headed across the street to the Carnegie Museum to see the world famous dinosaur exhibit. The exhibit had been closed for several years for renovation and reopened two years ago. This was the first time that we got to see the new look.

Noreen and Nick.

The exhibit is filled with many different dinosaurs, but the piece de resistance is the T-Rex vs. T-Rex exhibit. Lauren and Mark are behind Noreen and Nick, checking out Lauren's favorite dinosaur, the Triceratops, or 'ceratops as she likes to them.

Me stepping in between the T-Rexes.

My only regret is that I didn't get a photo of the Pterodactyl.

All of us with Dippy.

Outside of the museum is Dippy, named for the Diplodicus fossils that the Andrew Carnegie expedition discovered.

A little love for Dippy.

We couldn't leave without giving Dippy a little snuggle.

Pranty girls.

Lastly, (And I can totally hear my mother saying this) speaking of some old fossils, here are all us "Pranty" gals together - Noreen, my aunt Phyllis, my mom Lorraine, and me.

To Noreen and Nick: We so enjoyed having you guys here with us! Let's not wait decades again until our next get together!

1 comment:

Noreen said...

Melissa - thank you! Nick & I both really enjoyed the entire weekend. It was great to catch up & I promise it will not be decades until the next meeting!! =)