blog_banner 20

Friday, December 18, 2009

Deck the halls.

Wheel of fortune.

Since the plans for tonight's post fell through, I thought that I would share some photos of some of the additions that we've made to our decor in the last couple of months. Besides, despite the Christmas reference in the title, it was time to write about something not related to Christmas!

All summer, I searched in vain for a carnival wheel for our game/family room. I was lucky to find one on eBay at a reasonable price. The seller actually had five of them, which makes me wonder how exactly a person comes to have so many of these things. I even have the stand for it, in case we want to have chuck-a-luck night at the Ross House. It's also my nephew Noah's favorite thing at our house. He has a thing for wheels.

Serafina chair.

Here's a chair that we picked out for our living room. Never order anything from Pottery Barn's catalog. Their customer service bugs, plus it took almost three months to have the chair delivered, even though it was on clearance. FYI, the pattern is called Serafina.

My cute owl basket.

When my cousin Noreen visited last month, she brought me a big basket filled with good things. I don't know if she realized it or not, but I love owls. And although I hadn't realized it, I was in desperate need of something to keep all the mail, magazines, receipts and various stuff from cluttering my workspace. Inside the basket, you can also see the awesome Wonder Woman card that she sent to me.

Noreen's famous thumbprint cookies.

Lastly, here is a photo of Noreen's famous thumbprint cookies. The recipe was handed down from her mother. They are as super delicious as they are pretty! In fact, there's still a few left in the freezer. I think I might go help myself to one now...

No comments: