blog_banner 20

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009, Part I: Christmas Eve.

Aunt Barb and Sean. Noah.Uncle Johnny. Steve and Sean.

I've been enjoying a little break from working, shopping, wrapping, baking, cooking, cleaning, and blogging. When it was all said and done, we had a really terrific Christmas. It was touch and go there for awhile, as all three of us had varying degrees of colds, and my parents both came down with the flu during Christmas week. But in the end, no one missed any Christmas fun.

PRESENTS!

As usual, I took an abundance of photos. I decided to let go this year, and just use the darn flash. Of course, Mark had to remind me on Christmas morning about how much better the photos would be if I used the speed light that I bought back in March (which has yet to be removed from the box), but by that time, it was a little too late to learn how to use it. I didn't even bother to edit any of these in Photoshop. I feel so liberated!

Christmas Eve was spent with Mark's family at my mom-in-law's home, with lots for food, folks and fun.

Noah's close call with the puppet.

Our nephew Noah had a close encounter with a puppet...

Wheel! Of! Fortune!

...but was later comforted by the warm glow of Wheel of Fortune.

Shreadin'.

Of course, there were lots of presents. Here's Lauren shredin' on her guitar from Uncle Mike.

You light up Mike Ross's life.

Speaking of Uncle Mike, this is the light up Penguin player that he received from us. There was much discussion about how he could prevent it from being stolen.

Did you ever notice that when someone gets an item of clothing, they instinctively hold it up to themselves? It's true...

Linda and her cardigan.

Like Aunt Linda with her Penn State cardigan...

Pinky and her pink Penguins shirt.

And Grandma Pinky with her pink Penguins shirt...

Mark and the neverending parade of shirts.

And Mark with yet another plaid shirt.

I'm too sexy for this giraffe.

Or even me, with a giraffe on my head.

Besides clothes, there were other fabulous gifts.

Wow, it's a Shamwow!

Wow, it's a ShamWOW!

Eat your heart out Bonanza.

Eat your heart out, Bonanza!

The Andritz Club.

Next up, Christmas morning at the Ross House! Did Santa come? The suspense is killing me!

No comments: