blog_banner 20

Monday, December 14, 2009

All aboard.

Glittering Train Station

Each year, I like to add a little something new to our Christmas decor. Last week while shopping with Mel C. at that den of evil otherwise known as Michael's, I came across this paper train kit in the Martha Stewart Crafts section. It cost $12.99, but since I had a 40% coupon, I only paid around $7.

The engine.

Lauren, my little crafting co-pilot, was there on glue duty to help me every step of the way. The train was much easier to build than the advent calendar cottage or the haunted house, although the front of the engine car had me a stumped for a little while. I also had a few extra pieces left that I had no clue how to use.

Dining cars.

Looks like my dining car is coming apart at the seams though.

The kit comes with a big tube of glitter, which was applied with a light hand because I was ready to wrap it up quickly after Lauren dumped glitter all over the place for the second time.

Since this kit was so much fun, I went looking for the Frosty Village kit that I saw last year but didn't buy. Unfortunately, it's sold out everywhere, and the last one that was up for auction on eBay sold for $79. Madness!

No comments: