blog_banner 20

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas 2009, Part II: Christmas Morning.

Christmas morning began at around 7:30 a.m. Not too early, considering that I probably got my parents up at around 5 a.m. or so. I'm sure those days are in our near future, as this was the year that Christmas really "clicked" for Lauren. After this year, I wonder if Halloween is still her favorite holiday (Although she did tell me that she thought Martha Stewart's Christmas show wasn't as good as her Halloween one.). I was hoping to sleep in until about 8:30 because by that time, the light in the family room would have been good enough for photos. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. A sinus attack woke me up, and Lauren must have heard me in the bathroom blowing my nose a gazillion times.

Anyway, after my sinus attack had abated, Lauren and I headed down the stairs. I had to stall her a bit, because Daddy was still upstairs getting dressed. This totally reminded me of when I was little, and I had to wait for my father to come downstairs before I could start opening presents. Those were the longest three minutes of my life.

SCOOTER!

Santa was very good to Lauren. The first thing she saw under the tree was what she wanted the most: a princess scooter.

Mommy elephant pouch.

It even has a pouch for Mommy Elephant. Santa is all about the details.

It's a pony!

Next up was what every little girl wants - a pony!

Pony for Christmas!

Santa knew that our township prohibits keeping farm animals, so he brought the next best thing: an animatronic pony.

Yummy carrot.

See, she can even eat a carrot!

In addition to the scooter and the pony, Santa also brought Lauren a new sticker book, Sorry! Sliders, Uno Moo, a carrying case for her Nintendo DS, and a Ringling Brothers Asian Elephants DS game.

Next, it was our turn.

Ooo...what could it be?

Hmm, I wonder what it could be...

I never had a red bra before!

Of course, I gave Mark an equally romantic gift:

PANTS!

PANTS!

In addition to the annual unmentionables, Mark also gave me two very special gifts, so special that they deserve special photos which I've been too lazy to take. Never fear - I will post them before year end!

Is this one for me?

Lastly, it was the pups turn. Marcus is not shown because he was not permitted to open his gift on his own, for fear he would eat the paper.

Marcus isn't getting this one.

Don't worry Daisy - we won't let Marcus take your toy!

No comments: