blog_banner 20

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Timber.

Lauren watching Daddy clean up.

In an effort to blog about events as they are occurring rather than several days later (American Idol Season 8 finale - I know, I know), I'm writing today about the third (Yes, that would be THREE) tree that we've had to cut down. This one was a maple. Mark hired a tree climber, which is a lot cheaper than hiring say, an arborist, that will use fancy equipment to deal with your tree. However, a tree climber will not remove the tree once it's down, so Mark spent the time prior to dinner cutting and hauling as much as he could. Given the size of the tree, this was not a easy feat.

Very tall.

See what I mean?

Lauren just likes to sit and watch. I don't blame her. I just stand and take photos.

Sittin' on a log.

Here's the rest of it.

What's left.

Bonus photo - we have this bush / tree in our garden that has the sweetest smelling flowers on the face of the earth. Our whole backyard is scented right now. I believe we had the same tree in my backyard growing up, but I don't know what it is. It's smell always reminds me of the start of summer.

Mystery sweet smelling flower.

Lastly, I dare anyone to watch this interview with Adam Lambert and not become a fan. It's long, but so very worth the time.

"I'm kinda ridiculous. I know that!"

Oh, Adam! *facepalm*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

could be jasmine - I got plant and smells and looks the same - also sure wonder why back hurting - why not call for the calvary to come and help -