blog_banner 20

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Garden Party

Okay, I was a little bit aggressive in declaring I would have all the photos up yesterday. It was Tuesday afterall. I was otherwise engaged.

Fourth birthday invitation.

Since Lauren isn't really into any particular characters, it's hard for me to come up with "themes" for Lauren's parties. When we went to the bakery to pick out a cake, she was pretty underwhelmed by the choices. I couldn't even get her to commit to Scooby Doo, which she loves to watch. In fact, as soon as she saw the cake that she had last year, she wouldn't give up asking for it. Luckily, the girl at the bakery was very helpful and found the elephant, lion and giraffe design in the baby shower book.

Garden party theme.

Outside of the cake, the decorations just came together on their own, and in the end, we ended up with what I'm calling a garden party theme. Mark had the brilliant idea of planting flowers inside the pail and using it as a centerpiece.

Paper lanterns.

I bought the paper lanterns at the dollar store about a month ago. I always wanted to decorate with paper lanterns.

Butterfly banner.

Lauren loves butterflies. I made this banner by tracing a cookie cutter onto paper and cardstock. The letters are rub-ons.

Curly straws.

Bought some curly straws as well from the ol' dollar store. They were a big hit with the kids. There is a shot glass inside the pitcher actually holding the straws - don't wany anyone getting lock jaw from the rust! I also found the butterfly blow outs (Or "party flutes" as Lauren calls them) at, you guessed it, the dollar store.

More photos to come tomorrow, when there's no Idol to watch.

No comments: