blog_banner 20

Sunday, May 2, 2010

5.

5.

Party preparations are underway for Lauren's birthday party. In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to share some photos of my fifth birthday party. Note that these are all old Polaroids that I didn't feel like fixing in Photoshop (Okay, I did run a cooling filter on them.), so please do not adjust your screen.

5yrs05

The year is 1977. The place is my parents' apartment in East Liberty. I was big on Peanuts when I was little, so I had a Snoopy themed party, complete with matching cups, plates and tablecloth. And look at everyone standing around admiring that cake. I mean, how could you not? It was THE BEST CAKE EVER. Clockwise from the left is my Pap, looking puzzled by a party favor, my Grandma Bruno, my Uncle Mark, my Grandma Pranty and my Great-Grandma Skoog.


5yrs03

Here I am with my Aunt Beth. I loved hanging out with her because she was closest in age to me (Seven years is close when every one else is much bigger than you.). By the way, the striped t-shirt was my ZOOM shirt. ZOOM was a popular kids show at that time, and the kids on the show all wore shirts just like that. By the way, you know you're loving that rainbow pillow. My great-grandma crocheted a lot.

5yrs01

Here we are eating cake. Note that we are eating in the living room because all the adults are obviously eating at the kitchen table. Also note the daisy afghan on the couch (great-grandma strikes again). Looks like I got Cootie for my birthday - AWESOME!

5yrs02

Here I am opening presents with my mom. My Grandma Pranty is sitting to the left. In my memories, she is forever wearing that green pants suit.

And there you have it. Who knows - maybe 33 years from now Lauren will be blogging about the photos that I take today!

No comments: