blog_banner 20

Sunday, February 20, 2011

The end.

Busy week photography wise, although I didn't take a whole lot of photos. I did however teach myself a few new skills, did a lot of reading and a little purchasing.

This is the end, my beautiful friend.

Here's a demonstration of one of my new acquired skills - vignetting. It's kind of addictive, so now I'm going to be vignetting everything.

Hamster ends.

And here's one just for fun. Lauren and I had all her Zhu Zhu pets running around all at once in the family room. Man, can those little things go!

End game.

Lastly, here's one that I'm particularly proud of. I find that I take my best photos when I have no expectations on myself. What usually happens is that I have an idea, a vision in my mind of what kind of photo I want to take. When I try to go about doing it, I end up getting so frustrated because I can't execute it for various reasons - lack of resources, knowledge, time, talent. The list goes on and on.

Then there are those moments when I don't even plan on taking photos. The idea hits me. I pick up my camera. I shoot. Done. That's what happened here. In recent weeks I've been getting frustrated because I don't think I've been stretching myself enough and as a result, I'm not showing the improvement that I want to see in my photos.

While this one isn't high art, a breathtaking landscape or a beautiful portrait, it demonstrates to me that I am making progress. I set out to get every one of those pieces airborne and frozen in time, and I accomplished it through deliberate actions and not by accident. My only regret is that I wish that all the pieces could have been in focus, but because of low light I had to shoot at wide aperture to get a high enough shutter speed to freeze the action. Hopefully some of my recent purchases will assist with some of my lighting challenges so I can let my creativity flag fly.

Edited to add: After I re-read this post, I thought that the title maybe misleading, so just to be clear, the blog is not ending. So y'all come back now, y'hear? - lol!

No comments: