blog_banner 20

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Coming soon - The 25 Days of Christmas!

The holidays are in full force here - the decorations are up and the shopping is well underway. I've got Christmas crafts planned and ideas for this year's card. Christmas 2011, I must break you!



Paper ball ornaments.

This weekend, Lauren and I made our first Christmas craft - paper ornaments. I found a Martha Stewart kit for half off, so I thought, why not? At first, I was a little intimidated by them, because they looked like they required a strong understanding of geometry, and I got a C in geometry. In reality, they were really quite easy and very addictive! I may even make some of my own for future occasions because I have 2 inch scalloped and round whole punches that I can use to make the large size balls.

 Christmas 2011 mantle.

This year, I decided to change up the dining room mantle. The hydrangea wreath has been hanging above the mantle since the end of summer and is super fragile. I didn't want to move it so that I could hang my usual wreath in its place for fear that it would fall apart, leaving me with little green clovers all over the dining room.

Elf in a wreath.

So instead, I left it there and gave it a little Christmas flair by perching a red suited elf in the middle and little red birds around the perimeter.

Choo choo.

I made these paper houses last year, but I never put them on display. They too, along with the train, are both made from kits by Martha Stewart. I love paper houses - they make me happy each time I walk through the dining room.

Traveling through a winter village.

After I took these, I got to thinking that it might be fun to do a little photography project for Christmas. Some folks do projects where they take a photo everyday for 365 days. I could never commit to that, but I think I can take 25 Christmas themed ones, kind of like a photo advent calendar. Of course, it occurred to me that I just wasted five days worth of photos here, but no one said it would be easy. In fact, I'm already stressing about what to do for December 1st because we have a Girl Scout meeting that night and time will be limited. I guess I'll just have to wish for a Christmas miracle!

No comments: