blog_banner 20

Friday, September 21, 2012

Ten years ago.

 The couple behind the glass.

Today was our tenth wedding anniversary. A lot has changed in the last 10 years. Why, there weren't even any iPads back then!

Wedding favor.

And look! m+m didn't quite equal to l yet. By the way, those tin cases still contain m&m's candies, so that hasn't changed. Nonetheless...ick.

Cootie catcher or fortune teller wedding favor.

I went a little overboard on the wedding favors. Ten years ago, brides were just starting to take advantage of the creative new ways to personalize their weddings. Now, the wedding industry has exploded with this kind of stuff.

The bride and groom.

We both took vacation so that we could spend the day together. I only had two requests - 1.) I wanted photos. 2.) I wanted hibachi for lunch. Mark sweetly complied with both.

A note about the veil. This is actually not the veil that I wore on our wedding day (although I did wear the tiara). I originally ordered this one, but later changed my mind and got a chapel length one. Both of them were handmade, and very, very cheap. Speaking of veils, I don't think I've ever wrote about the veil disaster. Leading up to our wedding day, I hung my dress and veil in our spare bedroom for safe keeping. I was always very careful to keep the door closed, so our cats, Beavis and Spud, wouldn't disturb them. One morning before work, I went in the room to get something, and I forgot to shut the door. Spud snuck in, and when I shooed him out, he somehow managed to rip the veil. This was quite a feat, considering Beavis was declawed on all four feet, and Spud was declawed on his front feat. This happened THREE DAYS before the wedding. Thankfully, the nice lady who made the veil whipped up another one and overnighted it to me.

Kiss me, you fool.

So here's to us. I'm going to need another ten years to think of how I can top these.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 10 years - very cute pix!!! (And really cute shoes!) Noreen =)