blog_banner 20

Monday, January 28, 2013

Like mother, like daughter.

 Proofing her photos.

I like to tease Mark that our Lauren came to be when he cloned himself in his lab. Her personality is so much like his, but when it comes to her interests, she's all mine. Yesterday, she asked me if she could take photos and learn how to "erase stuff" on the computer. So I outfitted her with my old D50 and a 50mm lens and let her have at it. She spent the whole day shooting whatever interested her (Mainly Cookie, Coconut and Marcus). Then, we sat down together at the computer while she culled her shots. Then I taught her how to post process in Aperture and use the clone tool in Photoshop.

I thought that would be good enough, but she wanted to post her photos online so people could give her comments. So I set up another Flickr account where we could showcase her work. Since she's still a little too young to participate in the social networking aspect of the site, Mark and I have to sit in the next room and write comments on her photos.

You can see Lauren's growing portfolio here.

No comments: