blog_banner 20

Saturday, October 19, 2013

13 Days of Halloween - Day 1

13 Days of Halloween 2013 - Day 1

I was debating whether or not I was going to do the 13 Days of Halloween this year, but I think I can swing it without having a nervous breakdown. We're starting off slow today with some crazy looking pumpkins and gourds. Mark loves crazy looking pumpkins. He's trying to grow some of his own this year, but these are from a local garden center. The unique varieties of pumpkins and gourds have really caught on over the past couple of years. The garden center where this photo was taken was way ahead of it's time. We used to go there years ago because it was practically the only place that sold white pumpkins, goose neck gourds, and bird house gourds. Now even the grocery store down the street has a big display similar to this one.

 Pumpkins on parade.

I wonder what happens to all the unsold pumpkins after Halloween. They can last for a very long time if they're unbruised and you keep them in a cool, dry place. I know it's always a quandary at our house. Usually the uncarved ones that we use for display are still around at Christmas. Maybe I should paint them green and red. Hmm....

No comments: