blog_banner 20

Monday, June 9, 2014

52 Weeks of 20134 - Week 24

 Let's dance.

And now for something completely different - I'm actually posting this week's photo on a Monday! This is because today is my birthday, and the photo that I want to use for this week was taken as part of my birthday festivities. I haven't been to the Three Rivers Arts Festival in years, so since I took the day off, I thought that today was as good a day as any to check it out. So the three of us ventured downtown this afternoon. Because it was a weekday, we had a terrible time finding a spot in a parking garage near the festival's location at The Point, so we ended up parking in Macy's garage.

This ended up being a good thing because I don't know if we would have otherwise happened across this.

Monumental painting.

As an Impressionism aficionado, I couldn't be more excited to see this statue being installed. For me, this is right up there with the rubber duck. The artist based the sculpture of two people dancing on Renoir's “A Dance at Bougival.” It's absolutely breathtaking. The sculpture will be on display in Pittsburgh's PPG Place until October 3rd.

Three Rivers Arts Festival.

While the statue was the highlight of the day for me, we still had a nice time looking at everything the art vendors had to offer. Lauren loved everything and can't wait to go again next year. She got a stuffed dragon, a very cool hidden art drawing by Chazmania and a funny book titled, Zombies Hate Stuff by Greg Stones.

This year's birthday cake.

And it wouldn't be a birthday without a cake from Jean Marc Chatellier!

Glad I was able to catch up the blog because we have a busy week ahead. We have our Girl Scout troop's year end celebration tomorrow and the big Pirate game on Wednesday when Lauren and her class will be singing The National Anthem. So an all around great start to my forty-second year!

No comments: