blog_banner 20

Monday, June 9, 2014

52 Weeks of 2014 - Week 23

 Can you dig it?

Continuing with our gardening theme, here's Mark posing with his shovel. They have been spending a lot of time together recently, preparing our garden for the upcoming garden club tour at the end of the month. I took this when I was playing around with my new Nikon 185mm f/2.8 lens. I recently told Mark that I finally felt satisfied with my camera gear and no longer had urge to accumulate more. Famous. Last. Words. I had been practicing with my old manual focus lens and thought that it may be nice to have a longer telephoto lens. Manual focus lenses are much cheaper than their newer, auto focus counterparts, so I starting researching to find which one would be a good choice. Anyway, it ended up that the 185mm was around the same price as some of the manual focus lenses that I was looking at *and* it was auto focus. Plus, it's super sharp and produces a really nice background blur.

Hey, bud.


This little peony bud seems pleased with it.

No comments: