blog_banner 20

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Proud, oh so proud.

This evening, I came home to quite a shock. Not one, but two of my recent photos are listed listed among the 500 photographs chosen each day for the Flickr Explore page.

So what does this mean? Well, not much really. According to a super secret complex computer algorithm, these two photos are considered interesting in comparison to other photos uploaded that same day. It also means that a lot of people will see these photos who may not have otherwise, which makes me giddy with happiness.

I myself look at the photos in Explore everyday to see all the amazing, beautiful things that this world has to offer. If you don't believe me, take a look for yourself (Warning: It's very addictive!):

July 2nd: At the time that I'm writing this, Lauren's photo is ranked around 340 - 350. So look for her about 2/3 a way down the page. The Explore pages are constantly changing, so she could move up, down or even disappear from the page altogether.

July 3rd: Our dining room (of all things - Mark can't believe it!) can be seen somewhere around 280 - 290.

Come to think of it, if you click here you can see the exact ranking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your photographs are really fantastic - I made my way here from Flickr and just decided to let you know how much I enjoyed visiting. Your comment about Explore photos being addictive is true! I am new to Flickr, new to photography and new to blogging so I love looking around and getting ideas.
So thanks for the inspiration :)