blog_banner 20

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Quiet Saturday.

Reading "A Good Day"

Today started off with a trip to the library. Despite the fact that I have about 20 books in my "To be read" pile, the trailer for the movie Stardust peaked my interest enough that I decided to borrow the novel and read it immediately. These days, we don't get to see movies until they come out on DVD, so I'm pretty confident I won't be seeing it anytime soon. Plus, nine times out of ten, the book is usually better than the movie anyway.

We're very lucky in that Shaler Library has a very nice children section, devoting the majority of the second floor to resources for kids. In addition to books, they have puzzles, games, and toys. Lauren just loves it there.

I also couldn't believe my luck when I browsing the for sale shelves. I found a copy of Water for Elephants for $1! Not only is it on my wish list, but it's also currently in the top 10 of Amazon's best seller list. So now I guess I have 21 books to read!

Black eyed Susans.

After we came home from the library, I spent most of the afternoon playing outside with Lauren while Mark worked on his new project. He still needs to complete the landscaping around the steps, but here is what the front of our house looks like now:

Can I come in?

No comments: