blog_banner 20

Thursday, August 23, 2007

doop be doop...Elmo's World!

You may want to turn the sound down before you watch...she gets very spirited towards the end.



And since you sat through that, you deserve the cherry squares recipe:

Cream 1 cup margerine, 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 4 eggs.
Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 cups of flour and blend. The batter will be quite thick.
Pour and spread into a jelly roll pan (In other words, a baking sheet with a lip).
Add spoonfuls of fruit topping of your choice ( I use cherry pie filling, but other canned / jarred fruit would work well. A friend of mine said his mom always used apricot preserves. This sounds tasty, but for me, apricot preserves are strictly meant for thumbprint cookies) on top of batter at about an inch or so apart (I usually get 5-6 rows of four). The fruit will sink into the batter as the cake bakes.
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on your oven (I reccommend checking at the 30 minute mark. I have an electric oven, and these are usually done at 30 minutes.).
Cool completely and sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Cut into squares.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AND GREAT GRANDMA ANDRITZ AND ROSS ACTUALLY SAY "THAT LAUREN IS A QUIET AND POLITE LITTLE GIRL' WHO WOULD THINK.

Anonymous said...

THIS CUTIE SHOULD BE ON SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

Anonymous said...

I tried the recipe, making homemade cherry pie filling out of some frozen cherries and guessing 350F on the oven temp. I ended up spreading the filling as much as I could because it looked right that way. They went over really well!