blog_banner 20

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Presenting Eggie.

Newborn eggplant.

I worked a 12 hour day today, but since the veggie calzone that I ate for dinner left me feeling a little peppy tonight, I will update the ol' blog.

This year is the first time that Mark has grown eggplant. They seem to be doing very well, so hopefully we will have a large crop. This is Eggie, as Mark refers to him, as he appeared about a week ago. Since then, he has grown twice in size.

Eggplant is a real favorite around here. I like to bread and fry it to make eggplant sandwiches. I put it on asiago cheese bread with sliced tomato sprinkled with parmesan cheese. It is so very good.

Unfortunately, our bad streak of luck continued yesterday when our car started acting up on the commute home. Mark took it in for repairs today which cost us $800. I guess the money will just have to come out of Eggie's college fund.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! You always take such nice photos.