blog_banner 20

Sunday, March 9, 2008

The face of boredom.

No more pictures!

Another wintry weekend has left us a little bit at our wits end. Nothing like being cooped up in the house with a bored about-to-be-three year old. I usually dread losing the hour with the time change, but this year, I'm looking forward to speeding this dull weekend along. Plus, the extra daylight will hopefully kick the blahs away. The blog should also benefit from the increased daylight hours, as I will have more opportunities to take photos during the week.

Other than entertaining Lauren, I made good on my word and baked some radical oatmeal cookies this weekend. I didn't take any photos because I'm running out of ideas on how to make cookies look interesting!

***Begin Idol Mutterings***

Of course, I'm ecstatic that Jason Castro made it into the top 12. There was no doubt since his performance on Tuesday night really made people sit up and take notice. He has grown a huge internet following, but the mainstream media continue to pay him no mind in favor of David A., Carly and Michael. Nonetheless, Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah has been the #1 download on iTunes all weekend. Plus, two of Jason's songs are outselling David A.'s. While David A.'s Imagine continues to dominate as the most popular Idol contestant download, David Cook's Hello is catching up, with Jason's version of Hallelujah right behind. Despite all this, I have no doubt that David A. will win this year. I'm really hoping that Jason finishes in the top four, because I don't think I can bear watching this show for more than a couple of weeks without his presence.

Anyway, I think Jason needs another strong performance this week in order to maintain his momentum. I'd really like to see him do an up tempo song without the guitar, but I don't think the first night on the big stage is the right time to do it.

***End Idol Mutterings***

I was pondering making Easter cards this year, but I'm having great difficulty getting a cute, smiling photo of Lauren. She keeps telling me that she doesn't want her picture taken.

Sublime.

See what I mean?

No comments: